The first FLY BY DESIGN tour was October 10-13, 2013, to Reykjavik, Iceland. Tour participants saw volcanos and lagoons, dined by the sea, visited galleries and museums, and witnessed Northern fashion in the making. They met artists of the Arctic in their studio settings. They experienced the architecture that defines Iceland as a place that inspires.
Thursday 10.10.13: LANDSCAPES
- Gather in Reykjavik [AM] – Shuttle to Hotel, TBA.
- Lunch provided at Perlan Restaurant
- Landscape Tour – Golden Circle Loop
- Dinner provided at Fiskmarkaðurinn
Friday 10.11.13: ARCHITECTURE
- Tour 1 – Icelandic Parliament
- Tour 2 – Reykjavik City Hall
- Lunch provided at Nordic House
- Tour 3 – Nordic House
- Tour 4 – Harpa
- Dinner provided at Kolabrautin (at Harpa)
Saturday 10.12.13: ART & FASHION
Organized by the Anchorage Museum.
- Visits to Steinnun Sigurd studio, Kristinn E. Hrafnsson studio, and i8 Gallery
- Lunch provided at Reykjavik Art Museum
- Visits to Hekla Dögg Jónsdóttir studio, Kling & Bang Gallery, ólöf Nordal studio, Spark Design Gallery, and Design Center
- Dinner provided at Þrir Frakkar
- Morning visit to Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
- Program concludes